Don't get intimidated by the picture or the description of Parkour... I started practicing Parkour in my mid 30's and it was a game changer for me as a fitness coach. What is Parkour?
"Parkour is a training discipline using movement that developed from military obstacle course training. Practitioners aim to get from one point to another in a complex environment, without assistive equipment and in the fastest and most efficient way possible. Parkour includes running, climbing, swinging, vaulting, jumping, rolling, quadrupedal movement, and other movements as deemed most suitable for the situation. Parkour's development from military training gives it some aspects of a non-combative martial art.
Parkour is an activity that can be practiced alone or with others and is usually carried out in urban spaces, though can be done anywhere. Parkour involves seeing one's environment in a new way and imagining the potential for navigating it by moving around, across, through, over and under its features. Parkour was developed in France, primarily by Raymond Belle, and further by his son David and the latter's group of friends, the self-styled Yamakasi, during the late 1980s." - Great description off Wikipedia
My online Parkour training focuses on the most rudimentary, most fundamental functional movement, required to practice this discipline. You do not need wide open space or apparatus to do 80% of the course but will need a pole to climb and monkey bars to pull up on for the other 20%. Parkour training just happens to be the latest trend in fitness. The ability to use your own body, by calisthenics and endurance training, to become strong and in shape is preferred over the traditional weight lifting and treadmill protocol. I also include my High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workouts in this training.
This training is designed for the absolute beginner level student of Parkour who wishes to build strength to do greater things!